- Would the computer-based education and face-to-face behavioral counseling programs be effective?
- Would adding a workshop to the brief intervention further reduced sexual risk?
- Would the reductions in sexual risk would be short-lived, or would they would persist for up to one year?
- Provide essential information about the prevalence, transmission, and prevention of STIs, including HIV;
- Enhance motivation for sexual risk reduction by raising awareness, increasing perceived risk, and improving attitudes about condom use;
- Improve behavioral skills associated with condom use and sexual assertiveness skills; and
- Be delivered in a convenient and respectful, patient-centered way.